The Selection Process
Once you have submitted your CV and suitability statement, you will receive an acknowledgment of your application through the online process. Applications will be sifted to select those demonstrating the best fit with the posts essential criteria set out in the person specification. Please ensure you keep this in mind when writing your CV and suitability statement as failure to address any or all of these points may affect your application.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
The Pensions Regulator is committed to the employment and career development of disabled people and will guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for this post
The initial sift stage will identify candidates who will be longlisted. Longlisted candidates will be invited to interview with our executive search partners, GatenbySanderson where you will have the opportunity to ask further questions about the role, whilst GatenbySanderson delve further into suitability fit against the job specification and essential criteria. You will also receive an email inviting you to record & submit a video response related to the Essential Criteria – this is a mandatory element of the process. Candidates who are not longlisted will be advised of the outcome by Wednesday 2nd February.
A second sift stage will identify shortlisted candidates. Those shortlisted will be selected for interview with The Pensions Regulator and asked to undergo the following assessments:
- An Individual Leadership Assessment (psychological assessment) designed to identify key behavioural strengths as well as any associated areas for development
- A People’s Panel, which is an interactive panel consisting of TPR colleagues
- A Final Panel which may require the selected candidates to prepare a presentation, the topic and further details will be confirmed as part of the invitation
Those selected to interview will also be offered to have an informal conversation with recruiting manager and CEO, Charles Counsell in addition to key Non-Executives and the Chair of TPR.
Full details of the final process will be provided and confirmed nearer the time. Please note, this process may change depending on the evolving situation with COVID-19. Interviews and assessments may be conducted via Video Conferencing. We will endeavour to keep all candidates updated throughout the process.
- Closing date for applications: Sunday 20th February at 23:55
- Interviews with our executive search partner, GatenbySanderson: Wednesday 2 March to Thursday 10 March 2022
- Assessments with The Pensions Regulator including informal conversations: Wednesday 16th March to Wednesday 30th March
- Final Interview (Please note this will be face to face, restrictions pending, at TPRs offices in Brighton): Tuesday 5th April